|OFFICIAL RULES FOR [INSERT NAME OF CONTEST]
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
By submitting an entry to the [INSERT CONTEST NAME] (“Drawing”), each entrant agrees that he/she has read these rules and that he/she agrees to be bound by these rules in all respects.
1. To Enter: This Drawing is sponsored by Altera Corporation (“Altera” or “Sponsor”). The Drawing begins at 6:00 AM Pacific Time on [INSERT START DATE] and ends at 12:00 AM Pacific Time on [INSERT END DATE] ("Drawing Period"). During the Drawing Period, you may submit only one (1) entry by either of two means:
Internet Entry: Use a computer or other Internet access device to access the website: [ENTER WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR DRAWING] and follow the on-screen instructions for submitting an entry and click on the “Submit” button when completed. Internet entries will be deemed made by the account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and that account holder must meet all eligibility requirements set forth below.
• Mail Entry: Print your name, address, telephone number and email address, if available, on a 3-inch by 5-inch index card ("Mail Entry Form") and mail it to: Altera Corporation, Attn: [INSERT PERSON TO WHOM ENTRIES SHOULD BE ADDRESSED], Corporate Marketing Department, 101 Innovation Drive, San Jose, CA, 95134, USA. Mail Entry Forms must be received by Altera during the Drawing Period.
Altera is not responsible and shall not be liable for untimely, lost or incomplete entries or incorrect information on entries, or any technical problems or malfunctions of any type. All entries become the sole property of Altera, will not be acknowledged and cannot be returned.
2. Eligibility: Only legal residents, (i) who are physically located and residing in the Continental U.S. or otherwise eligible under applicable local laws, (ii) who are over the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside as of the commencement of the Drawing Period, and (iii) who are engineers or engineering management members currently employed by a company that is currently involved in the design, manufacture, and selling of products that incorporate or have the possibility of incorporating programmable logic devices (PLDs) (semiconductors) manufactured by Altera, are eligible to enter the Drawing. Employees and representatives of Altera, including its distributors and sales representatives, and those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers), implementation and distribution of this Drawing, and their advertising or promotion agencies, parent companies, agents, officers, subsidiaries, service providers and affiliates, and any other persons or entities directly associated with this Drawing ("Drawing Entities"), and members of the immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as Drawing Entities, are ineligible to enter the Drawing or win any prize. Any entrant found tampering with or abusing in any way any aspect of this Drawing as solely determined by Altera will be disqualified.
3. Prize/Odds of Winning: [Describe Prizes to be awarded in detail including number of prizes to be awarded and monetary value of each prize in US dollars. IF THE TOTAL PRIZE VALUE EXCEEDS $5,000 MUST BE APPROVED BY LEGAL] (“Prize”). Prize is awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Prize is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion and then only for a prize of comparable value. Prize winner(s) will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes or surcharges that may arise as a result of the award of the Prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prize fulfillment may take up to 8 weeks from Drawing date.
4 Drawing and Notification: A random drawing will take place on or before [INSERT DATE] to select winner[s] from among all eligible entries received during the Drawing Period. Winner[s] will be notified by phone and/or mail and/or email at Altera’s sole discretion. If the initial Drawing winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort during the ten (10) business days from the date of the Drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these rules, such initial winner(s) will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected randomly from among the remaining eligible entries.
5. Drawing Conditions: This Drawing is subject to these rules, which will be posted on the Altera Website at [INSERT ADDRESS OF WHERE RULES WILL BE POSTED] during the Drawing Period. By entering the Drawing, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these rules or the Drawing itself, and agree to be bound by these rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. Release: By entering the Drawing, entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Drawing Entities from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of entry or participation in the Drawing, acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any Prize that may be awarded to entrant, and/or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, software, or any combination thereof, or any illegible, damaged, lost, late (including delayed transmissions), mutilated, forged, destroyed, tampered with, misdirected, postage due, incomplete, mass machine printed, mechanically duplicated or otherwise ineligible entry or entries. Entrants also agree to release Drawing Entities from any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, in any way related to or arising from this Drawing.
8. General Conditions: This Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner's name, address (city and state), statements, biographical information, voice, photo and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation online, unless prohibited by law. Winner(s) also agree that Altera shall be allowed to use the name (first initial and last name) and other appropriate identifying information including city and state of residence in connection with listing of winner(s). Any person attempting to defraud Sponsor or in any way tamper with this Drawing will be ineligible for any prize and may be liable to Altera and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Internet portion of the Drawing is not capable of running as originally planned, such as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel the Internet portion of the Drawing and conduct the Drawing from all eligible mail entries received or to cancel the Drawing in its entirety at its sole discretion. Drawing is void where prohibited by law. Eligibility to win Prize is subject to verification and execution of eligibility agreement. Except where prohibited, all issues related to arising from the Drawing and these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant, shall be determined individually and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regarding to conflict of law rules or principles, and exclusively by state or federal courts encompassing Santa Clara county, California. These rules consist of the entire rules applicable to this Drawing. If these rules conflict with any other writing, these rules control.
9. Winner List: The names of the winner(s) of this Drawing will be posted at [PROVIDE WEB ADDRESS FOR POSTING OF WINNER NAMES] for 20 days after the date of Drawing.
10. Sponsor: Altera Corporation, 101 Innovation Drive, San Jose, California 95134